HazRes is experienced in undertaking assessments of risks that may ensue from identified hazards encountered at a facility or site. As part of the risk assessment, HazRes will look at the probability or likelihood of an event from occurring as well as its potential consequence in order to estimate the ensuing risk. HazRes has developed tailored risk assessment methodologies for clients such as multi-national companies to categorise and determine the risks in their organisations including, but not limited to, occupational safety, process safety, security, business, asset and environmental type risks.
From these risk assessments, HazRes has helped its clients in order to develop tailored prevention, mitigation or protection strategies, which have been successfully applied to a wide range of projects, to reduce the likelihood or consequence of a risk is significantly reduced.
HazResoffers a comprehensive range of risk analyses, including risks to people, production, assets, business, the environment and markets, which include, but not limited to:
- Facility Siting & Work Place Risk Analysis Studies
- Qualitative Risk Assessment and Risk Ranking & Indices
- Quantified Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) & Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Evaluation and Verification
- Demonstrations of ‘as low as reasonably practicable’ (ALARP)
- Production and management of complete or live ‘Safety Cases’
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Asset Integrity, Instrumented Protective System and Safety
- Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment.
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Studies
- Reliability Centred and Risk Based Inspection and Maintenance.
- Human Factors and Performance Studies.
- RMP, COMAH and Seveso II Type Safety Regulation
- Implementation, Gap Analysis and Improvement Review Studies.
- Occupied Building Risk Assessment (OBRA) Studies
- ATEX Directive and DSEAR Regulation Compliance
- Security/Terrorism Vulnerability Assessments
- Independent Assessment of In-house Risk/Safety Methodology and Support Documentation.
It is extremely important for any organisation, once their risks have been recognised and quantified, either qualitatively or quantitatively, that they correctly manage their risks. Without the correct risk management strategy and methodologies, organisations can seriously mismanage their risks, which could lead to unnecessary and some times catastrophic events, which undoubtedly could have been avoided.
HazRes’ personnel have assisted both large and small organisations in creating, developing and placing overall risk management systems into action, as well as individual risk analysis procedures. Risk management systems include a multitude of criteria not only measures for recognising and analyzing risks but also procedures for risk-based decision making, including:
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Insurance Risk Engineering
- Loss Prevention Engineering
- Risk Based Decision Making
- Emergency Responce Planning
- Due Diligence
If you would like to know more about how HazRes can help and assist you and your organisation regarding risk issues, please contact one of HazRes’ consultants for an information discussion on +44 (0) 845 838 2026.